Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Upcoming drawing...

Well, I finally did it. I have successfully begun another drawing! I've been occupied with graphic design, web developing, and photo restoration for ages, but thanks to a special commission I will now be doing what is probably my most ambitious fine art project so far. It is a 20'' x 40'' panorama of Mt. Olympus (SLC, UT) in graphite pencil. 

I'm somewhere between excitement and pants-wetting. It's more than twice the size of, is more detailed than, and contains larger smooth shades (the hardest thing to do with pencil) than any piece I've ever done. On the other hand, it could very possibly be my favorite drawing yet. I spent several hours standing in the snow, freezing cold and ready to die from the flu, shooting reference photos last winter. So it had better come out well.

The only problem is that there are only two surfaces large enough for this drawing in our apartment: the floor, and the table. And the floor is out. Which means we'll be eating dinner on the couch/floor for the next few weeks...

I'll post progress photos as soon as I can get them up.

~Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment